Tuesday 31 July 2007

Karen Dalton- Something on your mind! Beautiful song/poem

Yesterday anyway you made it was just fine,
So you turned your days into night-time,
Didn’t you know, you can’t make it without ever even trying?
And something’s on your mind, isn’t it

Let these times show you that you’re breaking up the lines,
Leaving all your dreams too far behind,
Didn’t you see, you can’t make it without ever even trying?
And something’s on your mind.

Maybe another day you’ll want to feel another way,
you can’t stop crying,
You haven’t got a thing to say,
Feel you want to run away
There’s no use trying, anyway.

I’ve seen the writing on the wall,
Who cannot maintain will always fall,
Well, you know, you can’t make it without ever even trying.

And something’s on your mind, isn’t it
Tell the truth now, isn’t it
And something’s on your mind, isn’t it


This is a fantastic song- and if you can get the Karen Dalton versh- amazing!
I play it and play and playit in my car- louder and louder to cover my increasingly confident - yet ultimately still outta tune singing!
For some reason I find this song so heart breaking so compassionate and beautiful.

I know noone visits my boring little blog....
BUT if you DO happen by....

Check K Dalton out- this song at least!!!

5 comments:

vmars said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! I wish you plenty of happiness and love. :D Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lyrics. Just saw "Margot At The Wedding" and this song closes it over the credits and I'd not heard of Karen or her music.

Anonymous said...

oh yea -- i ended up here by googling karen dalton and yes, this is an amazing song!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled on this song tonight, and listened to the Karen Dalton version. My teen daughter ran away today to 'find herself' with her boyfriend...hmm fittingly sad song...this will likely be one of those songs I will remember for a long time relative to a situation. Thanks for posting the lyrics. QQQ God Bless QQQ

Anonymous said...

I love this song too. Such a beautiful tune. Karen Dalton's voice brings out such emotional depth to this song.